Skip to main content

HOW TO CLEAN YOUR BRUSHES THE BRUSHFRIENDLY WAY!


Let's be honest when was the last time you cleaned your makeup brush or your sponge? Majority of people just leave their brushes dirty and think it’s a waste of time to clean brushes like why bother it’s just going to get dirty again anyway? And make a habit of skipping it but that just actually making your brushes a ground for germs!

What happens when you don’t clean your brushes

Firstly its not hygienic. There's a lot that goes in your brush especially beauty blenders can be a ground for all kind of germs and bacteria so you need to wash them regularly or else this can clog your pores.

Should I scare you more? Not cleaning them can do serious damage to your face like Acne!

This can be a cause for your acne because brushes can harbor dirt and oil which transfer into your skin! So you need to be serious about this.

How did I find out?

Cleaning makeup brushes are my favorite! (no judging) I like to put on makeup a lot and I also like to try new looks on myself or other people so my makeup brushes get a lot of pigment in them.

A year ago I started to get small whiteheads on my face whenever I applied makeup on and I always blamed it on the foundation, like..wouldn't you too? it's the base of makeup, I thought it didn’t suit me so I changed to another brand but this issue didn’t solve

So tired that I stopped using foundation and sometimes just used a concealer, but one day I thought oh its been so long since I washed these brushes lets do it and guess what, found out that was my problem. I didn’t wash my brushes for so long that I started getting pimples whenever I used them. Since then I be washing my brushes regularly.

So if you're a makeup artist or just someone who use makeup a lot, CLEAN THEM GIRL! weekly cleaning is a must for you. Let me not bore you more with this and warnings lets learn the brush-friendly way to clean them!

How to clean your brushes

Wet the brush bristles with luke warm water.

Then place a little of your cleaning liquid (can be literally any cleaning liquid, but remember to try not to use anything that has fragrance in them cause this brush you're gonna use it on your face) on your makeup brush. You can use dish-washing liquid or your shampoo(preferably baby shampoo) or an unscented soap

Gently massage the brush on your hand in circular motion and rinse thoroughly

Lightly squeeze so the water gets out of your brush but remember to not be too harsh! Because your bristle can come out if you squeeze too hard

Then comes the conditioning. Use a hair conditioner in the end so they soften or you can also add olive oil to your shampoo while cleaning.

Olive oil is very good for cleaning brushes because adding oil to your shampoo will breakdown any of the makeup that has built up over time and leave them soft and fluffy.

To dry then you can use a hair dryer if you're in a rush or just tired and want them back in the box.

But the better way to dry your brushes is to put them down on the towel and turn the fan on, this can take up to 2-3 hours. My way is to wash them at night and let them dry overnight.

How to clean your beauty blender


OoOokayy..done with the brushes don't forget sponges!
There's 3 ways to squeaky clean your sponge.

First method.

You can place your dirty beauty blender under water and squeeze. Watch all the dirty makeup come it of the sponge.

Then put a few drops of your cleanser and keep squeezing but not too tight!

Massage the blender a little and place it under water again and keep squeezing.

Second method.

Let me say this first….DO NOT MELT YOUR BEAUTY BLENDER!

Follow these steps so you don’t damage your blender instead of cleaning it.

Take a cup of water (be sure its safe to put in the microwave). Then put a few drops of cleaning liquid in and stir.

then just put your cup of beauty blender in and microwave for 60 seconds.

Take out the cup after 60 seconds and let it cool before squeezing the blender. Then rinse under water again and there you go deep cleansed blender.

Third method.

This is a double cleaning method so this is better when you feel the other two methods don’t clean enough or your sponge is full of makeup.

Add a few drops of coconut oil to your blender and massage a little so the makeup comes off. Coconut oil is a very good makeup cleanser you can also use this to take off your makeup!

Rinse your blender after massaging with coconut oil and then apply the first method to it, simply just add liquid on your blender cleaning squeezing and massaging the blender and rinse thoroughly.

BE GENTLE

  • Be gentle to your sponge and brushes as they can get damaged while washing.
  • Try not to use an aggressive cleanser.
  • No rubbing or scrubbing vigorously.
  • Don’t burn your brush with a hair dryer keep them a little far from each other and dry on medium heat.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6 INGREDIENTS TO AVOID IF YOU HAVE SENSITVE SKIN

Well obviously, skin care routine should be helping your skin not making it worse. So you need to know what you should be using on your skin. Everyone out there with sensitive skin have a big problem with skincare routine because something even mildly irritating can set our skin off so I’ve got here ingredients that you need to look out for when buying your next skin care product or trying a home remedy. These are toxic ingredients found in practically everything: cleansers, moisturizers, toners, exfoliates, creams, and various other cosmetics. 1- Alcohol Astringents and toners mostly have alcohol in them. Alcohol is very bad for your skin, it can dry out your skin which can sap your moisture levels and cause skin irritation and itchiness plus affect how your skin rejuvenates, so people with sensitive skin… just don’t even try. 2- Fragrance Did you know that fragrances rank among the top 4 most common allergens when performing the patch-test? I don’t u...

DARK CIRCLE TREATMENTS!

Are they a serious problem? Not really, but some people think dark circles make them look tired or unhealthy. There are many products for them but not all of them work and I’ll say this again Nature has some pretty amazing ingredients that can in fact do wonders for our skin, so I try to take benefit from them as much as I can and they work like magic! Some health problems can also cause dark circles but don’t stat worrying, dark circles due to health problems are mostly very dark and you’ll know if it’s because of your health or your sleep. You’ll notice your under eyes get more dark when you didn’t get enough sleep and if you start getting enough sleep they go away on their own. They’re sometimes like a warning sign that your body needs sleep. Allergies can also cause dark circles. I suffer from idk what allergy, I can’t stand blankets. I start sneezing, my eyes get itchy and so does my throat, I try to avoid but still everyone else in the house use blankets so it hap...

GLYCERIN WATER SPRAY!

Hair getting frizzy and dry after shower? SAAMMEEEE! My hair explodes after showering not kidding, this glycerin water sprayed helped me a lot! Glycerin is a humectant, meaning it draws moisture from the enjoyment around to itself and locks it in the hair cuticles, it can help dry hair and also helps in strengthening the hair leading to less formation of split ends. It will also make you hair look shiny! Frizziness is caused by low moisture and glycerin can help restore it, frizziness can also cause hair loss so be careful you don’t want that, glycerin water spray can help with that! Well let’s go on to our anti frizz hair spray! How to: All you need is  Glycerin 2 teaspoon Water ½ cup  Olive oil 1 teaspoon  An empty spray bottle  Mix all these ingredients and shake in a spray bottle, after showering and towel drying spray it on damp hair and massage it into the scalp and hair! You can experiment with the glycerin quantity to see which ones...